Where we stayed: Grand Fiest Americana Coral Beach Hotel
Things we like about the Hotel:
- If you have little one, the hotel has a Kids Club aka daycare on site.
- The pools are great for swimming
- It’s in the heart of cancun, short walks to restaurants and night life
What we visited:
- Chichen Itza: world-famous complex of Mayan ruins on Mexico’s Yucatán Peninsula. We didn’t get a guide because we wanted explore the ruins by ourselves. It was an extremely hot day but it was amazing seeing all the Mayan structures.
- Cenote ik kil: Short drive from Chichen Itza
- Isla Mujeres (The Island of the Women): An awesome island next to Cancun where you can rent a gulf cart and drive around and explore the beautifies of this tiny island.
- Snorkeling expedition with Total Snorkel: a family run business. These guys were beyond amazing, they took us snorkeling in a small boat to a shipwreck, mayan reef, and an awesome underwater sculpture donated by the Pope to Cancun
- Bungee jumping: It was quiet an experience jumping in front of Daniel. Ali and I did it and our son was so excited he wanted to do it himself. Thankfully he didn’t pass the weight check. Would I do it again? Hell no!
- Yucatan peninsula: One of my favorite things was driving through the Yucatan Peninsula, we ran into a wave of Monarch butterflies. It was one of the most beautiful things I have seen. I can only imagine what beautifies lie in the Yucatan jungles!
- Rio Secreto (The Secrete River): This is a must! because it helps you understand the geology of the Yucatan Peninsula.
To be continued…